Thursday, April 25, 2013

Scrap Panel Help!!


So I have had some questions....  First from my tester... who I gave a kit to BUT forgot to include the 2" x 4 1/2" scrap.... So she just attached the pieces to one another and found that it was 'wonky'!!  





Then from a customer who purchased the pattern.  It is always great to hear from people who use my patterns so that I get hands on information on what I need to add to make the patterns more user friendly!  Drop me an email any time with questions. I would also LOVE to see pictures of what you create!! email: quiltarie@gmail.com

So... here is how I make the scrap panel insert!!  

I start with a piece of light colored 2" x 4 1/2" scrap.  I lay two pieces of fabric - right sides together near the top of the scrap being careful to cover the top of the scrap.  I sew them down to the scrap at an edge as shown below.  I then trim the excess scrap hanging below the sew line, iron fabric open, then place the next bit of fabric at another angle.  I drew the following in the computer to help you better understand what I do.....

(click picture above to open downloadable/printable PDF file)

REMEMBER:
SEW - TRIM - IRON! - REPEAT!

If you are interested in this pattern it's available for download in my Craftsy pattern where you can download this pattern is:

No comments:

Post a Comment